Wednesday, February 27, 2008

NoteCase For Those Case Notes and Outlines

While I was surfing for something to create a task type list I came across this software NoteCase note manager. It can be found here. Here is there brief description from there site:

NoteCase is a hierarchical note manager (aka. outliner). It helps you organize your everyday text notes into a single document, with individual notes placed in the tree-like structure (each note can have its sub-notes, ...). To ensure your privacy, encrypted document format is supported, along with standard unencrypted format. Project is free and open source.

After choosing which version to download (I went with the Windows portable version so I can take it with me) and installing it I started to play around with it. Now this is a pretty cool open source project. What it allows you to do is to create a outline (series of expandable nodes) and add text, pictures, links and attachments to each node. You can add a date time entry and also cross out entries as you create them. If saving your file encrypted is an option you want you can do that also. You can even export into html, text and even an executable. If you want to use another language other then English you have your choice of 33 other languages. I blogged last year about TiddlyWiki and how it was nice to have something to carry with you to take notes and so forth and I would rate this product right up there with TiddlyWiki, especially since it does so many languages (looking at where you readers are I can see where the other languages would come in handy).

Thoughts/comments/questions?


Addendum, Feb 28. 2008

I forgot to mention that NoteCase is available for all these platforms:

Linux/Unix (with GTK+ 2.x installed)
Windows 9x/2000/XP/Vista
Mac OS X
Free BSD (available elsewhere on Internet)
Sharp Zaurus platform (running pdaxrom or angstrom Linux distro)
Nokia Maemo platform (Nokia N770/N800)
Nokia Maemo OS2008 platform (Nokia N800/N810)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How neat - I was just looking for a Linux program that would be like the "Case Notes" app for Windows. I will check this out....

Anonymous said...

Here's a link to CaseNotes if anyone wants to try it out:

http://www.qccis.com/content.php?section=casenotes

It's a free application from QCC Security Information Security that offers encrypted logging.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever wondered why louis vuitton bags make so many of the same style of bags, just in different colors or material? I often wondered that same question until it hit me one day, while standing in the rain, clutching my louis handbags to my chest, like it was a baby. Designers know that some particular Damier Azur are not meant to be worn at particular times. You can never go wrong with owning more than one Damier Canvas .

sports handicapping software said...

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely

kids games free said...

Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.!I need it thanks you
---
kids games | kid games | kids games online